Ashok Leyland launched its 4-axle 8x2 DTLA Truck (14-wheeler) AVTR 4120 with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 40.5 tonne. According to the company, this new truck offers an additional 5-tonne payload compared to standard 8x2 trucks with better TCO.
Vipin Sondhi, Managing Director, Ashok Leyland said, “Ashok Leyland has always been ahead of the curve and leads the CV industry in terms of innovation. Our endeavour has always been to address the needs of our customers and deliver better profitability for them and AVTR 4120 is one step towards this offering the customer flexibility.”
Anuj Kathuria, COO, Ashok Leyland added that, “We had launched AVTR – India’s first Modular Truck platform last year to address the varied Load-Road-Application and customer requirements. Now, with this we will give the flexibility to customers. In many applications the load availability is dynamic due to various factors like type of material, onward/return load, seasonality, customer order quantity."
The new product will operate at 40.5 tonne with the lift axle down (revenue and payload nearly similar to 10x2) and at 28 tonne with the lift axle up (lower fuel and operating cost similar to 6x2) during light load/partial load/return empty. This offers the customers flexibility to operate in a large band with best in class Total Cost of Operation (TCO) benefits.
Kathuria added, "AVTR 4120 is fitted with 12.5-tonne dual tyre lift axle (DTLA) with Patented Parallogram technology – which ensures better tyre life. It is powered with 200 HP engine with iGen6 technology offering superior power, performance and fluid efficiency. This innovative product is positioned to change the rule of the game in long haul transport segment.”
Some of the key features of AVTR 4120 include-
- Built on the latest AVTR modular truck platform, it offers multiple cab flexibility.
- It is powered by iGen6 technology.
- It is available with 200 HP (700 Nm torque) and 250 HP (900 Nm torque) options.
- It is also available in cowl and 3 cabin options: N Cab, U cab, M cab.
- It comes bundled with digital solutions like i-Alert (advanced telematics), remote diagnostics - supported by 24x7 customer assistance Uptime Solution Centre and Service Mandi network.