German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz has inaugurated a state-of-art new workshop facility of Akshaya Motors, at Hosur Road in Bangalore. This is Mercedes-Benz’s first facility in the southern market based on Mar 2020, the new brand presentation, which includes a combination of spatial design, innovative advisory processes and the introduction of digitalisation in service, ensuring ‘Best Customer Experience’.
The facility was inaugurated by Martin Schwenk, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Shekhar Bhide, VP – Customer Services and Corporate Affairs, Mercedes-Benz India in presence of Dr. MP Shyam Shetty, MD, Akshaya Motors.
Martin Schwenk commented, “2021 has been an important year for Mercedes-Benz India in terms of introducing some benchmark customer service initiatives. From introducing industry best 8-years warranty for the new generation cars, to the introduction of MB Value Service, we strive to provide hassle-free ownership experience to our customers. The addition of this new service facility will further support our customers with all service requirements in this market. Karnataka continues to be an important market for Mercedes-Benz India and Akshaya Motors is an integral part of our success story in this market. The new workshop is strategically located and equipped with end-to-end service solutions for our customers in the area. It is Mercedes-Benz India’s first ‘Mar 2020’ facility in South India, underlining the new retail presentation focusing on Design & Architecture, Format & Structure, People & Processes and Digitisation. The new service facility with a combination of digital and physical elements will create a true luxury ownership experience for our Bengaluru customers.”
MAR 2020 is a modern retail presentation format from Mercedes-Benz implemented across the globe. The company says it offers a unique experience with the combination of the digital and physical worlds. The new modern design and signature architecture enable seamless customer journey.
MP Shyam Shetty, MD, Akshaya Motors said, “We are proud of our association with Mercedes-Benz and excited to further expand our service network to delight our discerning customers. Akshaya Motors has rich experience in luxury automotive business and our customer centricity has been key to the success over the years. Since 2011, we have sold more than 4,800 Mercedes-Benz vehicles and rendered 49,000 Star Services. Today, we employ a 198-member team to deliver the Star Experience across all our touchpoints. We are confident of delivering and fulfilling the needs of customers with this new state-of-the-art workshop in Bangalore.”
Key highlights of the new facility include –
- Built with an investment of Rs 4.5 crore, the facility is spread across 20,000sqft. A staff of 50 trained professional operate 11 service bays (of which 6 productive PMGR), can service more than 4,500 cars per year.
- First-of-its-kind service lobby, where customers directly arrive with their cars inside the facility and are received by Star Assistants for next planned steps.
- The workshop can service all models of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars including EQC
Mercedes-Benz Premier Express Prime 2.0
The German luxury carmaker also relaunched its popular Premier Express Prime 2.0 (PEP 2.0) service programme with the inauguration of the new service facility at Akshaya Motors. With PEP 2.0 customers can now get their Mercedes-Benz services under 3-hours. If not completed in 3 hours, the service will be offered free of cost (conditions apply). This service initiative will be rolled-out in phases across the country, covering 18 outlets in 11 cities by Q1 2022.
Services covered under Premier Express Prime are:
- Service A type - Oil and oil filter check and replacement, Brake Fluid replacement, Dust Filter Replacement, Wheel rotation, Coolant Antifreeze mixture ratio check, Washing, Interior & Exterior Cleaning
- Service B type - Oil and oil filter check and replacement, Brake Fluid replacement, Dust Filter Replacement, Wheel rotation, Coolant Antifreeze mixture ratio check, Washing, Interior & Exterior Cleaning, Fuel Filter check, Air Filter replacement.
- Diesel Fuel filter | Brake discs and Brake pads | Wheel Balancing
- This entire customer service journey has been made completely digital by incorporating with Mercedes DSD Nxt.