Droom targets certifying 750,000 vehicles in 2019, launches IoT enabled device to track car health

by Autocar Pro News Desk , 27 Mar 2019


Image for representational purpose only.
Image for representational purpose only.

Droom, one of the leading online used car marketplace, claims that it has achieved a milestone for its automobile health evaluation tool ECO, that crossed 50,000 inspections since its inception in March 2016. The company is now aiming to cross 750,000 inspections in 2019 which is a 15x jump.

To mark the occasion, Droom has launched a highly innovative, convenient and uniplug-and-play IoT-enabled ECO Smart device, which it says connects with the cars OBD II port, and integrates with the vehicles sensors, hardware modules, data transmitters, control units and enables tracking of the car performance, health, and damage factors.  

According to Droom ECO is a scientific, comprehensive as well as unbiased inspection and verification service that provides a thorough 121+ point auto inspection for used vehicles. Of the 50,000 inspection queries that the company carried out, a major portion (45%) was generated from Delhi-NCR, while the rest came from more than 100 cities across India. In terms of category breakup, the company says 56 percent were done for four wheelers, while the remaining 44 percent came from two wheelers.

With the launch of the ECO Smart Device, it expects the demand to grow much higher and at a robust pace.  The device scans through more than 1,000 sensors (checkpoints) to monitor the engine health of any vehicle. At present, Droom is running a pilot of this device in the Delhi-NCR region and plans to expand its operations across the country soon.

Commenting on ECO’s success journey and the launch of the ECO Smart Device, Sandeep Aggarwal, founder and CEO, Droom, said, “Reaching the 50,000-orders mark is undoubtedly a reflection of the hardwork and dedication put by the entire Droom team. Especially, the credit goes to our certified inspectors without whom we couldn’t have achieved this remarkable milestone. The Internet of Things (IoT) is breaking fresh ground in the automotive sector by introducing entirely new layers to the traditional concept of car servicing. With the ECO Smart Device, we look forward to offering more convenience, transparency and accuracy about the engine health of a car, which is an important factor influencing the customers’ buying decision.”


 

comments powered by Disqus