Volvo unveils updated medium-duty electric trucks for urban operations
With an electric range up to 450km, 50 percent shorter charging time and new active safety features, Volvo´s updated medium-duty electric trucks are designed for the urban environment, enabling safe zero emission city transport and logistics.
With a growing number of cities the world over introducing clean city zones and companies stepping up their sustainability ambitions, zero emission trucks that can meet all needs for city transports and logistics are more relevant than ever before. To meet these demands, Volvo Trucks has announced its updated electric medium duty trucks – the Volvo FL and FE.
The Volvo FL and FE are designed to handle most applications in busy cities, such as distribution, refuse handling and urban construction. The electric versions have been on the market since 2019 and are sold in multiple markets across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
The AC charging capacity of the battery-electric medium duty trucks has been almost doubled to 43 kW, cutting the time needed to charge the battery by approximately 50 percent. They also offer recently updated battery packs, delivering up to 450km in total range from one charge.
“Volvo Trucks has a market leading offer of electric trucks – and we are constantly improving them to enable more businesses to take the step to zero emission vehicles for their daily operations,” said Jessica Sandstrom, Head of Product Management at Volvo Trucks. “The upgraded Volvo FL- and FE-models are ideal work tools for businesses with sustainability high up on their agendas, offering a wide range of applications for their customers.”
Safety is key in the Volvo FL- and FE trucks and a range of new features will increase safety both for the driver and for other road users. The new FL- and FE models also come with a new appealing design with a revamped front end, distinct LED headlights and a boosted iron mark as well as the Volvo wordmark in the front.
Further, all powertrain variants on the Volvo FL and FE, including electric, gas and diesel, have been fitted with a number of new features, making them even better equipped for modern businesses in the city.
Some of the Volvo FL- and FE feature updates are:
- The exterior mirrors have been made slimmer so that the driver gets a better direct vision on the surroundings
- The interior has new LED lights and a lockable interior storage space that will improve the working environment
- Volvo FL and FE can be equipped with a 360deg bird eye view camera solution and/or a side view camera
- The new key fob is packed with new user-friendly functions
- The electric version has a new electric power take off interface which allows body building without an electric-mechanical motor, simplifying body building and saving weight
- Safety system additions include Vulnerable Road User Detection, Side Collision Avoidance Support and Driver Alert Support.
Inaugural Mercedes-Benz Charging Hub in Mannheim sets new standards for fast, safe and green charging of EVs, offering a...
New system integrates existing drive components to deliver excellent efficiency, power and durability without impacting ...