JLR Begins Phased Restart After Major Cyber Incident
Although the company has not disclosed the nature of the attack, the disruption affected production planning and communication with suppliers and dealers.
Jaguar Land Rover has begun a phased restart of its manufacturing operations following a major cyber incident that disrupted production earlier this month, Tata Motors told stock exchanges in an update on Monday.
In its latest statement, JLR confirmed that it has moved into a recovery phase and begun a controlled restart of select manufacturing operations. The attack, which impacted production systems and supply chain functions, had led to a temporary suspension of certain facilities as the company undertook containment and remediation measures.
A JLR spokesperson said the company is now informing employees, retailers and suppliers that “some sections of our manufacturing operations will resume in the coming days,” noting that the restart is being approached “in a safe and secure manner.”
The company added that it continues to work “around the clock” with cybersecurity experts, the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and law enforcement agencies. JLR also acknowledged the patience of employees and partners while full recovery efforts continue.
Background
The cyber incident first came to light in late August, when JLR detected unauthorized activity in its IT systems. As a precaution, the automaker halted parts of its manufacturing and temporarily limited access to certain internal platforms to prevent the spread of the breach. Tata Motors submitted initial disclosures to the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange on September 1, followed by a subsequent update on September 25.
Although the company has not disclosed the nature of the attack, the disruption affected production planning and communication with suppliers and dealers. Cyberattacks on global automotive OEMs have increased, targeting operational technology, supplier networks and personal data, making recovery and secure restarts complex.
Next Steps
JLR said the “foundational work of our recovery is firmly underway” and that further updates will be provided as operations scale up. The company has not yet issued details on the financial impact or timelines for full restoration.
JLR, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors and part of Tata Sons, continues to advance its “Reimagine” strategy, which includes transitioning its Jaguar brand to fully electric vehicles and introducing pure EV models across all brands by the end of the decade.
The company operates design, engineering and manufacturing centres in the UK, alongside facilities in India, China (joint venture), Slovakia and Brazil.
Tata Motors’ filing, signed by Company Secretary Maloy Kumar Gupta, stated that the enclosed JLR update was submitted “for the information of the Exchanges and the Members.”
RELATED ARTICLES
Gulf Oil, Mahindra Tractors Renew Multi-Year Partnership
Gulf Oil to continue to supply lubricants to Mahindra’s tractor division and hold the largest share of business for the...
Punch EV Pushes Closer to the Mainstream With 355 km Real-World Range: Anand Kulkarni
Tata Motors says the upgraded Punch.ev, with higher real-world range, faster charging and its new Acti.ev platform, is a...
Tata Motors PV Expects 30–50% Jump in Punch.ev Volumes After New Launch
Automaker bets on higher range, faster charging, and accessible pricing to lift EV adoption in the entry segment.




29 Sep 2025
2336 Views
