PNC Infratech bags Rs 1460 crore order for UP highway

The company said the project will be constructed in two years after the assigned date is declared, and will be operated by it for a 15-year period.

By Shahkar Abidi calendar 10 Sep 2022 Views icon6580 Views Share - Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Whatsapp
PNC Infratech bags Rs 1460 crore order for UP highway

Road infrastructure major PNC  Infratech  has bagged a Rs 1460 crore order from National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) for construction of around 80 km length of Sonauli-Gorakhpur section of NH-29E in Uttar Pradesh.

A memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) was signed on Thursday in this regard, the company has informed the regulators. The four-laned project will be implemented on a hybrid annuity model (HAM).

The company said the project will be constructed in two years after the assigned date is declared, and will be operated by it for a 15-year period. The road development sector represents nearly 61 percent of the company’s order book. The company has projects in Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, and Rajasthan. 

An HAM program involves EPC and BOT models. While the EPC model requires National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), the apex highway development institution, to pay private players for project implementation and possession, leaving tolls and maintenance to the government, the BOT framework enables private players to build and operate and maintain the road for 10 or 15 years, before returning the asset to the government. All project funding must be raised by the private player even though it is approved by the agreement to collect toll fees or a fixed-annual annuity from the government.

The HAM-annuity model combines EPC (about 40 percent) and BOT-annuity (60 percent ) where NHAI releases 40 percent of project cost and is typically offered to private entities in five tranches. The private player would then raise the remaining 60 percent of the funding.

 

RELATED ARTICLES
Tata Elxsi-Renesas MCU for EVs enables cost optimisation, speedier time to market

auther Autocar Pro News Desk calendar21 Apr 2024

Modular, scalable design of Motor Control Unit enables integration across diverse EV applications. Claimed to be reduce ...

Bosch hydrogen engine tech-powered truck to be on Indian roads this year

auther Autocar Pro News Desk calendar18 Apr 2024

The global supplier of technology and services is betting big on both electromobility and hydrogen. While announcing the...

IIT Bombay inaugurates Arun Firodia Research Floor 

auther Autocar Pro News Desk calendar09 Apr 2024

IIT Bombay, one of India’s top technical and research institutions, honours Kinetic Group chairman Dr Arun Firodia, one ...