Road racer is the third member of the BMW 310 model series, which is made in India at the TVS Motor Co plant in Hosur.
BMW Motorrad India launched the first-ever BMW G 310 RR in the domestic market. India is the first global market to see the launch of the third member of the BMW 310 model series which includes the G310 R and G310 GS.
The BMW G 310 RR has been jointly developed by BMW Motorrad and TVS Motor Company and is locally produced in India along with the BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS by TVS Motor at its Hosur factory.
The G 310 RR, which essentially is the rebadged TVS Apache RR310 with some key differences, will be the entry point to the BMW Motorrad sport bikes family. While the G310 RR is priced at Rs 285,000, the G 310 RR Style Sport costs Rs 299,000 (ex-showroom). Both motorcycles have gone on sale at BMW Motorrad India dealerships from today onwards.
According to Markus Mueller-Zambre, Head of Region Asia, China, Pacific & Africa at BMW Motorrad said, “In just under five years, the G310 R and G310 GS have become immensely popular and are in high demand all over the world. The introduction of a third member further diversifies the G 310 range with R – a roadster, GS – an adventure bike and now the first-ever BMW G 310 RR - a true road racing sports bike. The BMW G 310 RR’s performance, agility, precision and raring-to-go flair reveals racing attitude. We are glad to launch it first in India which is one of the fastest growing markets for BMW Motorrad.”
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, “The first-ever BMW G 310 RR is the sportiest and most desirable sports bike in the sub-500 class. This bike proudly inherits the original road racing genes that have fascinated sports bike enthusiasts with unlimited adrenaline rush on tarmac. With the combination of a stunning superbike design and modern technology, it is an ultimate riding machine - your best companion on racetracks and city roads alike.”
The BMW G310 RR has been launched in two colours – standard Black storm metallic paintwork and Style Sport in Light White Uni, Racing Blue Metallic and Racing Red Uni colours.
Ace of pace
The G310 RR is powered by a water-cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke 313cc engine with electronic fuel injection. The engine develops maximum power of 25kW at 9,700 rpm as well as maximum torque of 27.3 NM at 7,700 rpm. The motorcycle accelerates 0-60kph in 2.9 seconds.
Key highlights include:
- The 6-speed gearbox allows ease of engagement of gear and no slippage at higher speeds for precise shifts and launches.
- Four modes as standard – Track, Urban, Rain and Sport.
- Ride by Wire system along with E-Gas passes on the commands directly from a sensor on the twist grip to the engine control system resulting in even finer control and throttle response.
- The suspension has a torsionally stiff, highly robust tubular steel frame in grid structure with bolt-on rear frame.]
- Multifunctional 5-inch TFT display shows essentials like riding statistics, riding modes, maximum speed, deceleration, temperature.
- The Infotainment Control Switch offers seamless operability of functions to change the desired modes or views. Depending on the riding mode, the TFT display also customises the screen with relevant information.
- High-performance brake system with 2-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Dhoot Transmission has collaborated with the EV OEM on the 3D design for the wiring harness which is designed to deliver...
The Atto 3 has received more than 2,000 bookings since its launch in November 2022; only 1,200 units available to custom...
Electric two-wheeler OEM bundles corporate discounts and exchange offers worth Rs 16,259 on Ather 450 e-scooters to driv...