Bajaj Auto has opened bookings for its Chetak electric scooter, exclusively in Nagpur today, both online on www.chetak.com and at two local dealerships for Rs 2,000. The Chetak EV has an ex-showroom price starting Rs 142,998 in Nagpur.
Previously, the booking slots available for Pune and Bangalore were fully subscribed to, in less than 48 hours and the company expects the same in Nagpur as well.
The high-quality Chetak EV needs minimal maintenance with a service interval of 12,000 kilometres or one year (whichever is earlier) and has a battery warranty of three years or 50,000 kilometres (whichever is earlier).
The Chetak EV is available in two variants – Premium and Urbane. The Premium variant is available in four eye-catching colours – Indigo Metallic, Velutto Rosso, Brooklyn Black and Hazelnut – while the Urbane variant is available in two colours – Cyber White and Citrus Rush.
According to Rakesh Sharma, Executive Director, Bajaj Auto, “After the overwhelming response we received in Bangalore and Pune, we are delighted to bring Chetak to Nagpur, which will be soon followed by other cities. We are anticipating a great response from customers in Nagpur, widely regarded as one of the greenest cities of India. First shipments of Chetak against bookings will begin by the end of July."
Chetak and its standout features
The Bajaj Chetak is a standout product which has a number of standout features including:
- It gets fully charged in 5 hours and has a quick charge of 25% in 60 minutes. At full charge,it deliver a range of 90km in Eco Mode.
- Precision engineering and flawless manufacturing at the Chakan plant.
- It is the only high-speed electric two-wheeler carved in steel, with flush-fitted panels.
- It has best-in-class features such as an IP67 water-resistant and a beltless solid gear drive.
- Has three riding modes (including a reverse mode).
- LED headlamps with integrated horseshoe-shaped DRLs and sequential LED blinkers.
- myChetak App, if enabled with data, allows owners to receive notifications in case an unauthorised access or an accident.