Chennai-headquartered commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland has announced 24x7 support for its customers to ensure uninterrupted service during these challenging times. The company says it will continue to offer critical support to stakeholders who have suffered from unique challenges presented by the second wave of Covid-19.
The OEM has undertaken the following initiatives:
- Emergency support to vehicles transporting essential services including those transporting oxygen across the country through their 24x7 helpline.
- 24x7 services to Delhi Transport Corporation being provided by Ashok Leyland’s Service team.
- As a part of the Service Mandi initiative, formed a task force for seamless transportation of oxygen and medical supplies across India. This task force communicates via WhatsApp and proactively reaches out to customers and oxygen manufacturers to provide any assistance possible through Service Mandi’s network of over 20,000 touchpoints across the country.
- Contactless deliveries of spare parts to ensure smooth functioning of the logistics and transportation services with use of the Leykart Digital App.
- Extension on free services for customer vehicles in the warranty period.
- Ashok Leyland Workshops are being operated with due protocols across various states of India, in consultation with local authorities to provide service to operational vehicles during the lockdown.
- AL Care offers support to close to 120,000 customers across the country.
- ServiceMandi has a 24x7 breakdown assistance call center with support in 10 regional languages.
Commenting on the initiatives and measures being undertaken, R Sivanesan, president and head of Quality, Service, and Parts, Ashok Leyland said, “We understand that our customers and drivers are doing what it takes to ensure that essential commodities and medical supplies reach the people while as many as possible stay at home. We are working with all stakeholders while maintaining Covid appropriate behaviour, and through these comprehensive measures, we surely will rise through this pandemic together.”