Uber India introduces Uber Camper stay-on-wheels service for upcoming India vs Pakistan World Cup match
The contest winners will be able to reserve an Uber Camper from October 13-October 15
Uber India has introduced the Uber Camper, a limited-edition stay-on-wheels service for the upcoming cricket match between India and Pakistan in the upcoming ODI World Cup 2023 on October 14 in Ahmedabad.
After the rush to get match tickets, the focus shifts to finding stay options in the host city as hotels in the city get sold out. With the imminent arrival of the match day, numerous cricket enthusiasts are actively seeking lodging options for the upcoming weekend and are exploring choices ranging from makeshift bread-and-breakfast places at high prices to reportedly booking hospital beds, the ride-hailing service stated.
The company’s offering is designed to beat the hotel booking blues while bringing a hassle-free experience of the iconic match.
To win a stay in Uber Camper - Uber has launched a social media contest from October 4-7 where cricket fans have to post their pictures holding a placard with details on how they plan to support Team India. They can tag up to 3 friends or family members who are also joining them for the India Vs. Pakistan match in Ahmedabad- and tag Uber India. From the entries received, Uber will announce select lucky winners on October 8. Each winner will get an option to reserve their Uber Camper from the Uber app itself.
Speaking on this, Ameya Velankar, Head of Marketing, Uber India and South Asia, said, "There isn’t a bigger cricketing moment in the subcontinent than an India-Pakistan clash and at Uber we want to show up for the fans who are going to great lengths to support their teams. As #IndiaKiRide, we are thrilled to bring Uber Camper to Ahmedabad so that passionate Team India fans can focus on cheering for their teams while parking their accommodation worries with us.”
The contest winners will be able to reserve an Uber Camper from October 13-October 15 and each Uber Camper has a capacity of up to 4 people which the winner can decide to bring along.
Important to note:
- Having a valid and confirmed match ticket for the India Vs. Pakistan match is a prerequisite to participate in the contest. A winner can have upto 3 friends or family members stay with him/her in the Uber Camper - these members should also hold a match ticket
- If a contest winner is travelling alone for the match or has lesser than 3 people accompanying him, he/she CANNOT share the stay with others or transfer the stay or sell the stay to someone else
- The social media contest will run from 9:00 am on 4th October 2023 to 11:59 pm on 7th October 2023
- The number of Uber Campers are limited - from the received entries, Uber will announce winners on 8th October 2023
- Winners get access to the Uber Camper between Oct 13 to Oct 15. Winners will have to arrange for their own travel/flight to Ahmedabad
HPCL plans to more than double its electric vehicle charging stations to 5,000 locations.
SAIC Motor and JSW Group announce a strategic Joint Venture to accelerate growth with focus on green mobility
The joint venture will also undertake multiple new initiatives including augmenting local sourcing, improving charging ...
Both companies are likely to steer two independent brands, while the M G brand will continue to build its presence with ...