Prominent EV brand leaders and government dignitaries will share their perspective on India’s transition to EVs.
Organised by Messe Frankfurt India, E-Mobility India Forum, powered by NGV India Summit, is all set to launch on October 7 at Le Meridien, New Delhi. Prominent EV brand leaders and government dignitaries at the panels will share their perspective on India’s transition to EVs – the opportunities and challenges that awaits the industry in achieving this objective.
Due to the growing sensitivity towards clean environment and the government’s push to promote zero-emission vehicles, the e-mobility sector is gradually strengthening its grip in the Indian automotive ecosystem. However, there is still a long way to go in terms of creating an expansive EV ecosystem.
Speaking about the transition to EVs, Sudhendu J Sinha, Advisor, Infrastructure Connectivity & Electric Mobility vertical, NITI Aayog shared that, “The sector is significantly important as the focus of India’s Transformative Mobility paradigm shifts in terms of shared, connected and electric to meet our global obligations and reduce the negative impact on the cost of importing oil and increasing air pollution in building a self-reliant India. The country's transition to an electric mobility system can save $330 billion (Rs 20 lakh crore) by 2030 on avoided oil imports alone.”
Raj Manek, Executive Director and Board Member, Messe Frankfurt Asia added that “Through the launch of E-Mobility India Forum, Messe Frankfurt India aims to provide a platform where automotive players can gauge the potential of the domestic EV segment and gain a deeper understanding of several key dynamics and industry prospects that will shape the future of e-mobility in India.”
The panellists of E-Mobility India Forum 2021 will comprise of –
- Mahesh Babu, CEO, Switch India and COO, Switch Global
- Saurabh Kumar, Executive Vice Chairperson, Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) Group
- Sunjay Kapur, Chairman, SONA Comstar and President of ACMA
- Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head, Audi India
- Sandeep Bangia, Business Head - EV Charging Ecosystem Home Automation, ESCO, Tata Power
- Sulajja Firodia Motwani, Founder & CEO, Kinetic Green Energy and Power Solutions
- BC Datta, Vice President - Corporate Affairs & Public Policy, Ola Electric Mobility
- Anant Nahata, Managing Director, Exicom Power Solutions
- Atul Arya, VP - Mobility, Head - Energy System Division, Panasonic India
- Akilur Rahman, CTO, Hitachi ABB Power Grids India
- Guruprasad Mudlapur, CTO, Bosch Ltd
- Nishant Arya, Vice Chairman, JBM Group
- Vivek Sharma, Senior Director, Energy & Natural Resources, CRISIL Infrastructure Advisory
- Kaushik Madhavan, VP - Mobility, Frost & Sullivan, among others
Expressing his support towards the forum, Sunjay Kapur, Chairman, SONA Comstar and President, ACMA added that, “The E-Mobility India Forum provides an apt platform to discuss the way forward for the EV industry and help bring various EV players and stakeholders together to create an ecosystem for the future of EV in the country."
A wide array of topics have been lined up to be discussed and includes –
- Future of mobility post the conversion to EV; EV Incentives, Policy, Challenges & Government Support in accelerating electrification
- Opportunities & Challenges for Auto OEMs; Accelerating EV Component Manufacturing Growth through Make in India
- EV Infrastructure & Innovative Business Models, and Interactive Session with EV Startups and Future Guidance.
To provide a secure in-person experience, the forum will be held under the safety protocols of 'MFI SafeConnect’, developed by Messe Frankfurt India in accordance with government’s health and safety guidelines.
Pre-owned luxury car market picks up pace, Haryana’s Luxury Ride to expand into metro cities
Karnal-based used luxury car start-up Luxury Ride to open dealerships in Mumbai and Bengaluru, aims to double sales to o...
Revolt Motors expands retail network to 50, targets 150 by June 2023
Electric motorcycle OEM looks to speedily increase its reach across India; opens new showrooms in Raipur, Vapi, Bahadurg...
Saietta eyes e-drive exports from India to ASEAN, European markets
UK-based e-drive system supplier, which is bullish on huge potential for its localised products in India, aims to also t...