Mahindra Electric Mobility a leading supplier and manufacturer of electric vehicle, components, and software solutions, which is among the founding partners of the first-ever World EV Day on September 9, has announced the global launch its popular MESMA 48 platform for light electric vehicles.
The World EV Day is dedicated to raising awareness about global electric mobility. On this day, global leaders will gather together to highlight the benefits of electric mobility and promote EVs on a global platform.
The journey towards a future driven by e-mobility is well underway, according to Mahesh Babu, MD & CEO of Mahindra Electric Mobility. “Our goal with EVs is to revolutionise first- and last-mile transportation globally and take e-mobility to the masses. World EV Day is a great forum for us to discuss the next big ideas for the global markets and we take this opportunity to launch our MESMA 48 platform globally.”
Mahindra Electric says its robust MESMA 48 platform offers globally competitive quality and is cost-effective. It is one of the company’s most utilised EV technology solution architecture. According to the company, the platform is highly scalable and has till date powered over 11,000 EVs on Indian roads. It can electrify a range of vehicles including three-wheelers, quadricycles, and even compact cars.
The company says the highlights of the platform include:-
- Scalable in terms of both performance and range, offering voltage systems ranging from 44V to 96V.
- Delivers better acceleration than ICE counterparts.
- Components are available in both liquid and air-cooled configurations.
- The drivetrain, with power ranging from 6kW to 40kW and subsequent torque ranging from 40 Nm to 120 Nm, can be made available with three varying transmission ratios to suit the performance requirements.
- Top speed of up to 80kph can be achieved with the MESMA 48 platform, making it suitable for the passenger as well as load-carrying segments.
- Compatible with both rigid and flexible axle systems, the MESMA 48 platform is suitable for L5, L6 and L7 categories.
- One-stop solution provider for key EV components such as the drivetrain, battery pack, electronic control units, power electronics (MCU, OBC, LDC, PDU), associated software, software calibration, vehicle integration and testing capabilities that can help launch a product in the fastest possible time.
The company says the solution is cost effective as the integrated drivetrain solution enables higher power density making it cost effective. With the use of cost efficient, highly robust, temperature tolerant LFP cells and high energy density NMC cells which can match the performance, range, price and environment requirements of a wide set of customers. Being a turnkey solutions provider, Mahindra Electric says it can help reduce the investment and pass on the benefits of economies of scale to its customers.
The solutions are OBC compatible with all major charging protocols such as ChaDemo, GBT, CCS and BCP. The BMS is designed for systems with up to 18 cells in series and is ISO 26262 ASIL-B compliant.
Over 234 million kilometre clocked on India road
The company says Mahindra EVs have crossed over 234 million kilometre on Indian roads. To ensure robust support the company says it has a robust team of over 600 member that offer expertise in electrification technology solutions and has over 50 plus patents filed globally.