Change is constant and two-wheeler major Hero MotoCorp has announced a rejig of its top leadership team “with the objective of driving growth in the emerging business climate, and to create a bench-strength of future leaders”.
The new corporate positions are:
- Rajat Bhargava will assume the newly created role of Chief of Staff in the office of Chairman and CEO Dr Pawan Munjal. Bhargava has so far been heading Strategy, Global Business and Emerging Mobility Business Unit (EMBU).
- Malo Le Masson, currently the Head of Global Product Planning, has been appointed Head of Strategy.
- Ravi Pisipaty, currently head of three manufacturing plants and the Global Parts Centre, has been appointed the Head of Plant Operations.
- Mahesh Kaikini, currently the head of the Gurgaon plant, has been appointed Chief Quality Officer.
- Ashutosh Varma, currently the head of West Zone for Sales and After Sales, has been appointed the new Head of National Sales.
Hero MotoCorp says it will “continue to evaluate internal talent within the organization to identify and groom them for potential leadership positions. These announcements are the first step in this direction and the organization will continue to build on this platform in future. “
Like the rest of the Indian automobile industry, Hero MotoCorp too has been impacted by the prolonged slowdown and the Covid-driven lockdown and resultant slackened market demand. In the April-June 2020 quarter, the company sold a total of 538,341 two-wheelers, down 70.19 percent year on year.