Auto Components

Rockman Industries guns for Rs 5,000 crore turnover by 2020

by Amit Panday Feb 16, 2016

Rockman Industries, a Hero Group company, and one of the largest suppliers of aluminium die casting, two-wheeler alloy wheels and chain, has targeted a turnover of Rs 5,000 crore by 2020.

According to company officials, revenue grew by 20 percent YoY during FY 2014-15 when its turnover stood around Rs 1,850 crore. For the ongoing financial year, the company expects to cross the Rs 2,300 crore turnover mark, thereby growing by 24 percent.

Talking to Autocar Professional on the sidelines of the 2016 Auto Expo – Components Show, Prashant K Gupta, AVP – sales and marketing, Rockman Industries, said: “Our 2020 target is to achieve a turnover of Rs 5,000 crore, and this could be realised via organic and inorganic growth.”

“Close to 80 percent of our operations cater to the two-wheeler segment. The remaining 20 percent covers manufacturing and supplying components to four-wheelers. To achieve the 2020 targets, we will have to diversify into the four-wheeler segment(s),” added Gupta who refused to disclose more details on his company’s plans for the medium term.

It is certain that Rockman Industries will focus on winning domestic as well as international orders from four-wheeler OEMs.

While the company is pursuing orders from four-wheeler OEMs, it is learnt that it has recently bagged an order to produce and supply oil pumps to Toyota Kirloskar Motor on the back of its association with Magna International Inc, the global automotive supplier with product development capabilities in the areas of powertrain, transmission systems, electronics, body, chassis and others.

According to the company website, its domestic and international customers include Bosch, Continental, Denso, Wabco, BorgWarner, Ford, Getrag, Magna, Royal Enfield, Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, Honda and many others besides the Hero Group, its parent company.

“Having plants at Haridwar, Ludhiana, Chennai and Bawal (Haryana), Rockman has capacity of more than 50,000 tonnes of aluminium processing annually. Primary die-cast components include cylinder heads, crankcase, crankcase covers, hubs, brake panels, alloy wheels and others. Rockman is the industry leader in alloy wheels with an installed capacity of 5.4 million wheels per annum. The company also manufactures drive chains and cam chains for motorcycles. With the recent acquisition of Sargam Die Castings in Chennai, Rockman has now spread its presence in the southern region, and also into the four-wheeler domain,” quotes the company website. It can produce upto 60,000 metres of chain per day, and has an annual processing capacity of 14 million chains.

comments powered by Disqus