Netherlands-based navigation manufacturer, TomTom, has announced that it has been selected by Volvo Cars as the provider of location and navigation content and services for its new infotainment platform.
From 2019, all Volvo carlines on SPA and CMA platforms across the globe will be powered by TomTom’s suite of components, both embedded and cloud-based.
The agreement marks the first-time collaboration between TomTom and Sweden’s Volvo Cars. TomTom’s complete offering for Volvo Cars include:
- Navigation software NavKit, modular connected navigation engine
- Automotive-grade modular digital Navigation Data Standard (NDS) maps allowing for incremental map updates
- Traffic and travel-related services
- Online search giving remote access to a complete set of addresses and POIs in over 120 countries.
- NavCloud synching and sharing service across devices.
Commenting on the agreement, Antoine Saucier, managing director, TomTom Automotive said, “We are extremely pleased to announce this collaboration between TomTom and Volvo Cars. Thanks to the trust that Volvo Cars has put into TomTom’s products, we are uniquely positioned in the automotive industry to offer Volvo Cars future-proof systems that meet the rapidly changing market requirements.”